Your home is your asset, and naturally, you would want its value to increase with time. So, amongst many things like painting and adding garage doors, do fences add value to a home? Yes, they do!
Fences have the power to increase your property value if it does the following:
- Accentuates visual appeal
- Enhances privacy
- Provides safety
These 3 are the most important functional outcomes one wants to avail from them.
Do Fences Add Value to a Home?
Yes, adding fences increases your home value by about 50% or even more if the right type is used to cover the house.
It does so by upping the perceived value of your home with the help of privacy, security, and attractiveness (curb appeal).
A well-maintained fence is a good sign to potential buyers that the rest of the property they are eyeing is also well-maintained.
Additionally, fences have practical purposes, such as enclosing a backyard or pool area or separating different areas of the property, including driveways, to provide privacy.
Top 10 Reasons For Adding Fences Around Your Home
Here are some of the benefits you can get from them:
- It helps to create a private space for you and your family away from the prying eyes of neighbors.
- Adding a fence means better security for your children and pets. It helps them not to run off into the street or neighborhood alone.
- It protects your property from animals that aren’t tamed in outlying areas.
- Fences add to the visual appeal of your home.
- Confines your property’s boundaries.
- Accents curb appeal.
- Separates parts of your house.
- Great at blocking out unsightly views.
- If your house does not have a fence in a hardly fenced-off neighborhood, it has the potential to attract unwanted attention. This can serve as a threat to your privacy and security.
- These structures help to minimize noise along highways plus railways by almost 60 to 80%.
What Type of Fences Add Value to Your Property?
Wire and Bamboo Fence
If you want to go for cost-effective options, wire fencing and bamboo are two of the less expensive fence options. However, with less value, they give less durability in the long run.
Chain link Fence
Chain link fence is extensively popular and is reinforced with the help of a barbed or razor wire.
They are reasonably priced; however, they do not provide much privacy. Instead, it is best if your focus is safety and security and lesser on privacy and aesthetics.
Vinyl is a widely used fencing material that adds value to your home with fewer maintenance needs.
It is durable and lasts for a long time, and is 5x stronger than wood; therefore, making it perfectly suitable for areas with strong winds.
Vinyl is resistant to damage by termites, rotting, fire, or fungal infestation.
Wood fence has the following advantages:
- Provides privacy.
- It is moderately priced.
- Looks aesthetically pleasing.
- Gives a good lifespan of 10 -20 years.
- It just needs maintenance once a year.
Aluminum is one of the most expensive options, and it looks like wrought iron. With fewer maintenance needs and corrosion-free nature, it gives a poised look to your house.
The magic spell to a high-ROI fence is based on its usage, curb appeal, and context. Install a fence to your house to get the best possible offers in the future. Contact the best fence company in Woodlands, Ark Fence, via (281) 789-4081 for an appointment today.